Insure Your Salary With Sanlam
How does Sanlam salary insurance work?
- By offering a range of short-term and long-term products.
- The Temporary Disability Income Benefit pays out for up to two years.
- The Extended Disability Income Benefit pays out until the date you selected when you took out your policy.
- If you become impaired before retirement, the cover will pay monthly up until you are 70 at most.
- Post-retirement impairments will enable you to claim a monthly income for the rest of your life.
Your salary is important to both you and your family. What happens if you are unable to work for a medical reason? Sanlam’s income Protection Cover will help you pay your expenses if you are permanently or temporarily unable to work.
How Does Salary Insurance Work?
- For business owners, Sanlam will help to pay someone to run your business for you.
- If you are an employee, the cover kicks in when the amount paid by your company is not sufficient.
- It also applies in some cases where you are able to work but have additional expenses due to illness or injury.
- The benefits are classified as either short-term or long-term benefits.
- Premium waivers while the income protector plans are paying out.
The Temporary Disability Income Benefit
Sanlam will pay this out on a monthly basis in the event that you lose some or all of your income due to an injury or illness. For predefined events, you will received payment regardless of whether you can work or not. It will pay out monthly for up to 24 months.
The Spouse Protector option provides the same option for your spouse but also includes death cover. The Child Protector option provides extra support if your child is seriously ill or dies.
Overhead Expenses Protector Benefit
This covers you if you are a business owner. It also pays out monthly for up to 24 months.
This covers you over a longer term if you are no longer able to work.
Extended Disability Income Benefit
Sanlam will pay a monthly amount so that you are able to pay your normal expenses.
Pre-retirement Impairment Income Benefit
Salary insurance pays out when you have a functional impairment before you are due to retire. This means something along the lines of hearing loss or reduced organ function.
The plan pays out monthly until you either turn 70 or until you reach the age you initially nominated for yourself. The cover amount will be paid in full, even when you can still work.
Post-retirement Impairment Income Benefit
This salary insurance benefit pays out when the functional impairment occurs after you have retired. You get up to half the cover amount as income and is paid out as long as you live.
Total and Permanent Disability Income Benefit
If you are permanently or completely disabled, and so unable to work, this salary insurance benefit will pay out. It will continue to do so monthly until you are the age you initially chose when selecting your cover.
Death Income Benefit
The payout for this salary insurance is on death. The income is paid monthly to your dependents or spouse until the cover expires. The income is paid for a minimum of five years, in monthly instalments.
Sanlam’s products are designed to tackle the serious financial impairment that can come about because of illness or injury. No matter what, you can ensure that you and your family are properly protected.
Next step: complete the form on this page by adding your name and contact details.
Then click on Get Quote.
We will do the rest.
All info was correct at time of publishing